SSP, a leading operator of food and beverage brands in travel locations worldwide, has been awarded a contract valued at approximately £61 million (600 million CNY) to operate 21 outlets at Bangkok’s Don Mueang International Airport. The contract will run for five years.
Commenting on the win, Chris Rayner, CEO of SSP Asia Pacific said; “Our proven ability to provide world-class brands together with our continuing focus on driving customer satisfaction, quality and sales have been instrumental in helping us win this latest deal. Don Mueang is not only one of the fastest growing airports in the world, but it is also where SSP’s operations in Thailand first began. We are delighted to be building on our strong partnership with Airports of Thailand PLC, and to have secured this very substantial new deal in the face of strong competition from local as well as international operators.”
The brand mix SSP will offer features a number of names that the company has already operated with great success in Thailand, including internationally renowned brands Burger King, The Pizza Company, ice cream concept Dairy Queen, coffee shop Caffè Ritazza and SSP’s own pub offer Bill Bentley. As around three quarters of the passengers who use the airport are locals, SSP is opening a range of Bangkok favourites alongside these global names. These include bakery S&P, fast food concept Thai Express, and noodle brand Yentafo. The majority of the airport’s international passengers are from South East Asia and China, and to meet their needs SSP will introduce Asia’s much loved Ajisen Ramen, and bakery Bread Talk.
SSP has worked with Airports of Thailand PLC since 1995, and today the company has a presence at all of the country’s major airports including Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Hat Yai, Samui and Udon Thani.
- Thai Express is the world’s largest chain of modern Thai restaurants. Serving traditional Thai cuisine in a relaxed and yet contemporary environment, today the brand can be found at over 30 locations from China and Malaysia to Vietnam and Singapore.
- Bread Talk specialises in sweet and savoury bakery specifically tailored to appeal to Asian tastes. The brand was founded in 2000, and today Bread Talk serves more than 1,000 products at over 850 outlets in 17 countries.
- Family-run business S&P welcomed its first customers in 1973 and since that time it has grown to become one of Thailand’s most renowned restaurant and bakery chains. Its menu incorporates elements from Thai, Asian and Western cuisines.
- Yentafo by A. Mallika specialises in the highly popular noodle dish Yentafo – a red fish soup. Founded in 1999 by A Mallika, the brand now has 24 outlets throughout Bangkok.
- Japanese brand Ajisen Ramen is the country’s leading ramen restaurant and can now be found across the Asian continent. It serves a range of Asian dishes in a format that is simple, tasty and healthy as well as convenient.